Saturday, September 15, 2007

I can totally feel it.

The Apples in Stereo recently launched "The Super Hi-Fi ReMix Contest" in which everyday folks like you and me are given the opportunity to download each separate audio track of the Apples single "Can You Feel It?" and mix and mash them as we see fit. The contest is being hosted at imeem (they make you sign up to participate) and it's there that you can find the tracks and upload your own personal "Can You Feel It" mix.
I made one myself last night and it was really fun! It's quite novel to be able to pick apart a song like that and truly see how everything is coming together. My version highlights the mellotron and piano in the song, utilizing the piano as the lead rather than the guitar. I for one find it quite refreshing.
There are some prizes for the winners (grand prize and runner up) of the contest, one being the inclusion of the #1 mix in the digital version of the Apples b-sides and rarities album download. But the prizes are sort of negligible in this case; it's the act of mixing itself that is the really fun part.

Without further adieu, the SuperDuperMellotronReMix:

No comments: